If you're following the latest round of Orablog Tag, you know I tagged John Stouffer. Most of you know John from some of his outstanding presentations at OpenWorld and Collaborate over the past few years ("Demystifying Fusion", "A Technical Roadmap To Fusion Middleware, Release 12 and Fusion Applications"). John has also served (with me) as Co-Chair of OAUG's Fusion Council for the past year. In light of the fact that John does not have a blog going at this particular moment, I've offered to let John post here. Take it away, John...
I've been blog tagged by Floyd because Jake over at Oracle Apps Lab has started a new blog tag game of "Orablog Tag" and tagged Floyd in his initial round and I was tagged next by Floyd. They both, apparently, have way too much time on their hands but I’ll give it a shot:
1. You wouldn’t know it to look at me but my body is made of steel and titanium. After five back surgeries and three neck surgeries I’m considered a threat every time I board a plane. I do like the consistent extra attention even if the root cause was an improper ladder placement and poor roof landing skills.
2. My family comes from German, Italian and Irish stock. Born in Texas but grew up in Colorado. It’s the best of both worlds. Can read and write English somewhat.
3. My wife and I have one daughter (31) and three great grandkids (9, 7 and 4) I'm very proud of each one of them and consider the fact that they’ve turned out to be perfect angels to be just dumb luck on my part. And especially the great son-in-law that my daughter married who can afford her lifestyle.
4. I've left the US a few times and have NO plans to ever leave again. Now that I can see everything on Google maps, it’s as good a being there. My wife still travels but has friends for that (some activity called “shopping” seems to drive them all crazy).
5. I got my degree in the mail and then spent one year going to law school. Law has nothing to do with right or wrong. It’s about who can bill the most money. So I became a billable Oracle consultant.
6. Unlike Floyd and Jake, I have no background in fighting. To overcompensate for this I joined the Army Rangers after I played college ball for a year. This highly intelligent move on my part show me just how far you can go on eating only green things. I was much younger then…
7. I have no real hobbies (other than shooting at toilets) and just spend most of my time looking thru MetaLink and now, blogs. Tried stamp collecting but it was too sticky and I have no patience for model building so it’s just Oracle, I guess.
8. I took advantage of my second wife to get her to marry me and she’s still wondering how it went so fast those 21 years ago. I think the travel and coming home to the house alarm going off and a pistol pointed in my general direction still keeps the old heart beating. She’s off on a cruise right now with her transplant donor and their mom so maybe it’s my turn…
I'll leave the rest of the tagging up to the group.
(The last line from John declining to tag 8 more people is not unexpected...typical DBA, just can't stand to follow directions - Floyd).