Thursday, March 13, 2008

Web 2.0 at Collaborate 08

Yeah, yeah, I know: I wrote in my last post that I'm "zeroing in" on a few specific areas for Collaborate. Sounded really disciplined and focused, didn't it? Well, that lasted about a day...those that know me at all won't be surprised by this.

After some more noodling, there's another important subject I'll be checking out: Web 2.0. Although I can't really define Web 2.0, I do think I know it when I see it (or hear about it) and I'm pretty excited about it. After years in enterprise apps, it's neat to be getting my feet wet in some cutting edge stuff again. So, now that I've rationalized my way into expanding the scope of my focus at Collaborate 08, here are the Web 2.0 sessions that look good to me:
  • "Oracle & Web 2.0: Applying Principles of Social Networking, Collaboration, and the New Web to Doing Business", Paul Pedrazzi, Oracle, Monday, 9:15-10:15, Room 102
  • "Web 2.0 Technologies for a New Class of Enterprise 2.0 Applications", Mark Wollen, Oracle, Wednesday, 3:15-4:15, Room 102
  • "Web 2.0 E-Commerce Integrated with Oracle E-Business Suite", Sandeep Kuttiyatur, iBiz Software Inc., Thursday, 8:30-9:30, Room 110

No comments: