Saturday, April 12, 2008

Springtime In The Rockies

Early tomorrow morning (no, I mean REALLY early tomorrow morning...like 6 a.m. takeoff early) I fly out for Collaborate 08 in Denver. I'm really looking forward to Collaborate this year. I'm double and triple booked about every waking moment, which is the sign of a really good conference. Should be great spending springtime in the Rockies...say, that's a really good title for daily updates from the conference: "Springtime In The Rockies - Day 1" kind of a thing. Yup, let's use that. I'll post some updates, take some pics, that sort of thing. If nothing else, it'll help justify my expense report when I get back, right?

On a more serious note, I just received word that Oracle President Charles Phillips plans to set aside a few minutes for Q&A during his keynote address on Monday evening. People can submit questions in advance, starting right now, via email at Opendoor_us@oracle.com. If you throw out a question but can't attend, let me know and I'll make it a point to relay back any answer given during the Q&A.

I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the OAUG Knowledge Factory on Wednesday. I've been a beta tester on this project and it's pretty nifty stuff. Sort of like Oracle Mix but not really the same thing. I see Mix as more of a collaboration and networking environment. Knowledge Factory is really focused on content: information about Oracle apps and technology. Both Mix and Knowledge Factory have their place (although it would be really cool to integrate the two someday). Mix has really ramped up nicely. I can't wait to see the Knowledge Factory take off.

Gonna be a great conference. Direct message me on Twitter (fteter) if you're there and let me know what you're doing.

No comments: