Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Exciting Week

A couple of occurrences over the past two days have really made my week.

I took a call from an old friend at Oracle yesterday. I've accepted the opportunity to serve as a judge for the Oracle Excellence Awards again this year. The awards are given to Oracle customers and partners who are creatively using Oracle Fusion Middleware with Oracle Applications (E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel, JD Edwards etc) to create innovative and standards-based technology solutions. I'm honored to be a judge and excited about the change to learn of the creative ways that apps customers and partners are leveraging Fusion Middleware. If you're doing something nifty along these lines in your own shop, tell us about it; you might win an award! Nominations are open until August 8th.

I'm also off to Seattle, presenting on the first day of Oracle Days, a conference hosted by the Puget Sound Oracle Users Group. I'm pretty excited about this event. I really enjoy the exchange of ideas that takes place at a good conference. In addition, I've never had the chance to hang with the PSOUG folks before. Wish I could stay longer than a day, but a day is better than nothing. Be sure to swing by and say hello if you happen to be attending the conference.

Yup, it's an exciting week...

1 comment:

Ted Simpson said...

Congratulations Floyd! I am sure you will be a great judge. Have a good trip to Seattle.