Friday, August 22, 2008

Movin' On Up

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up,
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.
- From "Movin' On Up" (Theme From "The Jeffersons")

I just received some great news from Oracle. I'll be movin' on up from my status as an Oracle ACE to become an Oracle ACE Director. I'm pretty excited, as the Director designation provides more opportunities for evangelism - something I enjoy a great deal. It's also exciting because Oracle is just beginning to introduce the Oracle ACE Director program into the Oracle Applications user community. In fact, I'm one of the first (if not the first) people to have the Director designation in the apps domain.

It's my hope that the Oracle ACE Director program will grow the dialogue for Oracle apps users, much as the Oracle ACE program did (and continues to do) when it was introduced last year. The big value add for these programs is the basis for the exchange of knowledge, ideas, tips and tricks within the Oracle Applications user community, as well as providing a channel for the flow of information between apps users and Oracle Development. Personally, I'm just happy to be a part of it. Woot!

If you want to be a part of all this yourself, start with becoming an Oracle ACE. After a year as an Oracle ACE, you can work on becoming an Oracle ACE Director. You can learn more about the Oracle ACE program, including the nomination process, here.

7 comments:

Mohan Dutt said...

On behalf of everyone in the Oracle and OAUG community, may I extended our heartiest congratulations!!
May you continue to lead and inspire us!

Debra Lilley said...

Well done, well deserved, if you look on the ACE page I think you, Basheer, Steve, Ron Batra and myself are the lucky firsts.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Floyd! Well deserved!

Mohan Dutt said...

That's a Who's Who of the global Oracle community. Kudos to our Oracle EBS Aces - Flyod, Basheer,Steve, Ron and Debra!
We look forward to your enthralling presentation sessions during the upcoming conferences!

Jake said...

Congrats Floyd. I hope your promotion won't mean I get the high hat at OOW :)

fteter said...

@your ocp advisor: thanks for the congratulations and the kudos...you're far too kind!

@debra lilley: thanks for the congrats and congrats yourself! I think Basheer Kahn has actually been an ACE Director for some time, due to his outstanding work in the Middleware realm.

fteter said...

@tim: gracias. We should hook up and swap some stories at OOW, if you get the chance.

@jake: As long as you're buyin' the first round, we're good :)