Oracle OpenWorld 2011 is almost upon us, so it’s time for another “What Looks Good To Me” article. In fact, I’m a little late…been a very busy summer.
I’m obviously looking forward to OOW 2011. In addition to catching up with old friends and making new ones, I’m looking forward to soaking up more information about Fusion Applications. Oracle is offering over 70 sessions on Fusion Apps, plus multiple hands-on opportunities in the demo grounds. Gathering up more information on Fusion Apps is a big driver in my OOW plan this year.
So let's get into what looks good to me this year...
A Couple of Caveats
- I’m attending on “the king’s shilling” this year: as an Oracle ACE Director, Oracle is covering all my expenses
- I’ve been heavily engaged in the Oracle Fusion Applications Early Adopter Program for over a year now. I’m really interested in feedback from non-EAP customers. I’m also heavily interested in customer stories involving value-add with Fusion Middleware. And finally, I’m also interested in the evolution of the E-Business Suite product line. So my list focuses on those areas.
Things I’m Doing at OOW
Some shameless promotional plugs:
- OAUG Fusion Council, Session 28460, Sunday at 1:00 p.m. in Moscone West 3012. I’ll be on a panel taking questions on all things pertinent to Fusion Applications. You bring your questions and we’ll provide the answers.
- The ABCs of Implementing Oracle Project Portfolio Management, Session 18460, Thursday at 10:30 a.m. in Moscone West 3016. Thursday morning, after the Customer Appreciation Event…bet the subject matter here wanders well beyond PPM before we’re done.
- At the Innowave Technology vendor booth on the Exhibition Floor, you’ll be able to pick up a draft sample of the first few chapters from my upcoming book: Tales From The Trenches – Hands-On Lessons Learned About Fusion Applications.
- I’m also engaging with the Oracle UX customer feedback labs, getting a first look at some upcoming mobile apps.
OK, preliminaries done. Here we go.
What Looks Good To Me
First, I’d highly recommend any of the the Overview, Strategy and Roadmap sessions for any track of interest to you. I've not listed any of those here, so keep them in mind.
- Any of the Answers to the Top 10 Questions sessions
- Any of the Meet the Experts sessions
- An Introduction to Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager, Session 17201
- Oracle Fusion Applications Implementation Best Practices and Lessions Learned (Oracle Consulting buddy Charles Lin, guru of Financial Apps, is involved in this; He’s a straight shooter, so this should be really good), Session 21261
- Do I Upgrade or Go Straight to Oracle Fusion Applications?, (Hosted by the lovely and always effervescent Debra Lilley, Oracle Alliance Director, UKOUG/Fujitsu), Session 8637
- Oracle Fusion Project Portfolio Management Customer Adoption and Experiences, Session 17500
- Metrics That Matter For Your Business: Analytics for Oracle Fusion Applications, Session 18580
- Search as a Key to the User Experience: Oracle Fusion Applications Search, Session 13788
Manage Oracle Fusion Applications with User, Application, and System Perspective, Session 14402
- Choose Your Weapon: An Overview of Oracle Development Tools
- Expedite SOA Development with Oracle Application Integration Architecture, Session 30284
- General Session: An Inside Look into Oracle Fusion Applications and Oracle Fusion Middleware, Session 18902
- Oracle Fusion Applications: Oracle WebCenter User Experience Case Study, Session 10845
- Oracle Fusion Middleware for Oracle Applications: Get Answers from Development, Session 12388
- Achieving the Perfect Layout with Oracle ADF Faces Rich Client, Session 9456
- An Oracle ADF Eye for the Java EE Guy, Session 10400
- End-to-End Oracle ADF Development in Eclipse, Session 11340
- Four Ways to Transition from Oracle Forms to Oracle ADF, Session 9098
- Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Certification Primer and Roadmap, Session 17249
- Coexistence of Oracle E-Business Suite and Fusion Applications: Technical Dive, Session 16541
- Latest Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 User Interface and Usability Enhancements, Session 17251
- Planning Your Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade from Release 11i to 12.1 and Beyond, Session 12281
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Upgrade Best Practices - Technical Insight, Session 18661
- Oracle E-Business Suite-Based Financial Dashboard Using Oracle Application Express
- Upgrading Your Customizations to Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1, Session 17250
- Extend Oracle E-Business Suite Processes with Oracle Business Process Management Suite, Session 18960
- Advanced E-Business Suite Architectures: Maximum Availability, Security and more, Session 17258
- Oracle E-Business Suite Secure Configuration, Session 17256
- Managing Your Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Enterprise Manager, Session 12421
- Personalize, Customize and Extend Oracle E-Business Suite User Interface, Session 17253
- Using Oracle Application Management Suite for Oracle E-Business Suite, Session 21400 (This is a hands-on Lab)
- Upgrading to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1: Technical/Functional Panel Session 12280
- 12 Steps to Oracle E-Business Suite 12 Upgrade: Hazelden Foundation Release 12 Lessons Learned, Session 8842