Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hey Good Lookin'

Hey, hey, good lookin',
Whatcha got cookin'?
How's about cookin' somethin' up with me?
Hey, sweet baby,
Don't you think maybe
We could find us a brand new recipe?
-
----from "Hey, Good Lookin'" by Hank Williams-----

When I check out a web app, I immediately check on two factors: appeal to the eye and ease of use. If these two elements of the user experience are well-designed and well-implemented, I'm likely to like the app. If either of the two factors is...well...not so good, then I'm done with the app.

I seriously like the Oracle public cloud. First, it's appealing to the eye. Simple graphics and menus, colors on the cooler end of the spectrum (a personal preference for me), clean graphics; a great instance of "less is more." Second, it's easy to use. Navigation is simple and consistent across all pages, and the messages on each page are kept very simple.

Of course, I am also very happy to see elements of Fusion Applications (HCM and CRM) offered up as part of Oracle's Public Cloud offering. It's a great way for small and medium sized organizations to amortize the cost of getting into Fusion Apps over a longer period of time, and removes the complexity of maintaining a relatively complex technology stack. Definitely a move in the right direction.

Here's hoping Oracle continues to develop that recipe.

No comments: