Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting Lucky

Every once in awhile, I get lucky.  Out of the clear blue sky, life tosses me a bone…or a gold nugget…or a diamond.  We’re speaking figuratively, of course. I’m not much for bones unless it’s in the middle I’m BBQing.  Gold and diamonds…yeah, I’m not THAT lucky.  But I digress.

Aidan Duffy recently sent me an e-copy of his book, “The Oracle Opportunity: The Blueprint To Succeeding As An Oracle EBusiness Consultant.”  For those of you who don’t have the pleasure of knowing Aidan, he has been successfully delivering Oracle EBS implementation projects throughout Europe for the past 20 years.  Clients include Pfizer, General Electric, Canon, Alcatel-Lucent and Diageo.

Aidan’s book is not another “learn Oracle EBS” manual.  “The Oracle Opportunity” lays out a roadmap for becoming a successful EBS consultant, based on Aidan’s experiences.  For those of you who have wondered about making the transition from employee to consultant, this book is for you.  If you’re already in the EBS consulting field, this book is a great refresher for succeeding as a consultant.

In the book, Aidan explains how to build your own consulting career using four pillars:  Position Yourself, Package Your Experience, Promote Yourself and Partner With The Right People.  Aidan further explains how to build up your four pillars through a 12-step plan.  Well worth the read.

Had I possessed Aidan’s book 20 years ago, it would have saved boatloads of time and trouble.  Aidan captured many things I’ve had to learn from “The School of Hard Knocks”.  But it just wasn’t my time to get lucky.  But your time could be now…

You can find out more at www.iloveoracle.com or on Twitter @aidanjduffy.  Or you can grab the book off Amazon here.

No comments: