OOW is a big show...one person simply cannot take it all in. You have to "pick your spots".
In the spirit of my previous blog post, my focus at OOW this year is on absorbing and adapting. I'm up to my eyeballs in a new market with Higher Education, and I'm still learning about those customers. So that's my overall filter going into OOW - soaking up the information relevant to Higher Ed. Means I'll be spend quite a bit of time at the Marriott Marquis, as that's where the Higher Ed events are taking place. I'm specifically checking for news and messaging on:
- Oracle's upcoming Student Cloud and Higher Education Cloud offerings - especially news on the post-award Grants Management functionality under development for Oracle's Fusion Project Portfolio Management applications suite.
- How Simplified UI will be applied to Student Cloud
- Oracle Business Intelligence, especially Student Information Analytics
- The future, if any, for Informatica and Oracle BI - because so many colleges and universities use Informatica with Oracle BI today
- The upcoming release of Campus Solutions 9.2
- Mobile, especially in regards to the future direction of Campus Solutions Mobile and Oracle's Mobile Applications Foundation
What I learn at OOW will probably set my direction for research, presentations, etc. for the coming year...that's the "adapt" part.
Only one presentation for me this year. So I'll put in a plug for it right now. I'm sitting on a panel for:
General Session: Oracle’s Future in Higher Education (GEN7628)
Tuesday, Sep. 30, 10:15-11:45 AM – Marriott Marquis – Golden Gate C3
Swing by and introduce yourself if you get a chance, especially if you're a customer or have an interest in Higher Ed.
One last thing: I'm always interested in how others manage their time at OOW. So find the comments and let us know what you're hoping to gain from OOW this year.