Monday, April 13, 2015

Good News On The EBS Front

Most people who know me professionally know about my enthusiasm for enterprise applications delivered via the SaaS model.  In terms of adoption and agility, SaaS is a winner.  But, at the same time, I also recognized that SaaS is not for everybody.  Those who customize heavily and those who want to retain a higher level of control are probably better off with on-premise enterprise applications.

So I was happy to hear about Cliff Godwin, Oracle's Sr. VP of Applications Technology over the E-Business Suite, laying out a roadmap for the future of the E-Business Suite at the Collaborate 2015 conference.  Not only did Mr. Godwin lay out plans for more incremental releases of EBS 12.2.x, he also shared the news about a future 12.3 release.  One of the primary intents of the 12.3 release will be to take further advantage of in-memory technology.

I'm an EBS fan.  Rock solid database model.  Recently improved user experience.  Delivers high operational efficiency.  So I'm happy to hear that EBS will continue to evolve.

NOTE:  I'm not at Collaborate 15...wish I was, but I'm not...so big thanks to dear friend Karen Brownfield for clueing me in on the news.

No comments: