Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Happy New Year: The Zode In The Road

Happy New Year!  No predictions from me for 2016...we've all seen how poorly that works out.  No resolutions either (although I may open a fitness gym called "Resolutions"...the place converts into a bar at the end of January).   Instead, I simply leave you with the wisdom of Dr. Seuss; something to consider as you kick off the new year.

The Zode In The Road 

Did I ever tell you about the young Zode,
Who came to two signs at the fork in the road?
One said to Place One, and the other, Place Two.
So the Zode had to make up his mind what to do.
Well...the Zode scratched his chin, and his head, and his pants.
And he said to himself, "I'll be taking a chance
If I go to Place One.  Now that place may be hot!
And so how do I know if I'll like it or not?
On the other hand though, I'll be sort of a fool
If I go to Place Two and I find it too cool.
In that case I may catch a chill and turn blue!
So, maybe Place One is the best, not Place Two,
But then again, what if Place One is too high?
I may catch a terrible earache and die.
So Place Two may be best.  On the other hand though...
What might happen to me if Place Two is too low?
I might get some very strange pain in my toe!
So Place One may be best", and he started to go.
Then he stopped, and he said, "On the other hand though... .
On the other hand... On the other hand... On the other hand though...
And for 36 hours and one half that poor Zode
Made starts and stops at the fork in the road
Saying "Don't take a chance! No! You may not be right."
Then he got an idea that was wonderfully bright!
"Play safe!" cried the Zode. "I'll play safe, I'm no dunce!
I'll simply start out for both places at once!"
And that's how the Zode who would not take a chance
Got no place at all with a split in his pants.

So make this the year you take a few chances...

No comments: