But, my excitement notwithstanding, I also know that existing customers get a bit antsy in the face of an impending upgrade. Because preparation for an upgrade is important, and that preparation requires information. What new features come with the upgrade? What is the impact to the way my enterprise does business? What should I be doing to help get my enterprise ready?
Having been part of the Oracle ecosystem for more years than I care to count as a consultant, a customer, and now a member of the Oracle team, I can recall the days when it was very difficult to learn about new features and perform impact assessments. The information was tough to come by. And, by the time we got the information, the timeline to upgrade was too tight to perform an in-depth impact assessment. Which lead to encountering some fairly significant surprises during the actual upgrade.
Fortunately, those days have over and done with. Because now we have Cloud Readiness sharing the information customer and partners need to prepare for an upgrade. You'll find that Cloud Readiness offers quite a bit of information:
- Spotlights: videos that highlight top level messages and product themes
- New Feature Summary: summary description of each new feature
- What's New: Learn what's new in this release and how to plan your upgrade by reviewing expanded discussions of new features, including capability overviews, business benefits, setup considerations and usage tips
- Release Training: online sessions providing an in-depth view of the release enhancements.
- Product Documentation: Provides detailed product guides and training tutorials to ensure successful implementation and use of Oracle Cloud Applications.
All the information you need. Even better, it's all in one place. You can check it out for yourself here. And once you've looked over our Cloud Readiness information, please let me know what you think by leaving a comment.