Thursday, September 10, 2015

Here We Go Again

Yup, moving on one more time.  Hopefully for the last time.  I’m leaving Sierra-Cedar Inc. for a position as Sr. Director with Oracle's HCM Center of Excellence team.

As an enterprise software guy, I see the evolution of SaaS and Cloud as the significant drivers of change in the field.  I want to be involved, I want to contribute in a meaningful way, I want to learn more, and I want to be at the center of it all.  And there is no better place for all that than Oracle.  I had the opportunity to meet most of the folks I’ll be working alongside…knew many of them and met a few new faces.  And I’m excited to work with them. So when the opportunity presented itself, I was happy to follow through on it.

I’ll also freely admit that I’ve seen…and experienced…a pretty substantial amount of upheaval regarding Oracle services partners over the past several years.  Some are fighting the cloud-driven changes in the marketplace, others have accepted the change but have yet to adapt, a few are substantially shifting their business model to provide relevant services as the sand shifts under their feet.  Personally, I’ve had enough upheaval for a bit.

The first mission at Oracle:  develop tools and methods to meaningfully reduce lead time between customer subscript and customer go-live.  Pretty cool, as it lets me work on my #beat39 passion.  I’ll be starting with building tools to convert data from legacy HCM applications to HCM Cloud through the HCM Data Loader (“HDL”).


While I regret leaving a group of great people at SCI, I’m really looking forward to rejoining Oracle.  I kind of feel like a minion hitting the banana goldmine!

3 comments:

James said...

Congrats, Floyd!

Gustavo Gonzalez Figueroa said...

Congrats Floyd! Hope to see you at OOW.

Tim Warner said...

Hey Floyd, congratulations! I work closely with the COE (mainly in the EMEA region), but also have contact in the US. So, I'm sure we'll see a lot more of each other. Now I have another 'go to' con tact on the inside!

Regards

Tim